· We've already heard Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama give props to Jay-Z, Lil Wayne and Bob Dylan. But Obama got all indie over the weekend, when he attended a Chicago fundraiser and tipped his hat to Wilco's Jeff Tweedy.
· Black Eyed Peas rapper Taboo married Jaymie Dizon on Saturday in Pasadena, California. Among the guests were fellow Peas Will.I.Am and Apl.De.Ap, who served as groomsmen, and Fergie.
· Amy Winehouse's dad has said that the singer could suffer a "slow and painful" death from emphysema and that she will stop performing live shows "for the foreseeable future" to focus on her health. Mitch Winehouse said Amy's last performance for the time being will be September 6.
· Keyshia Cole, Ashanti, Raheem DeVaughn, Chrisette Michelle, Dwele, Lyfe Jennings, Bilal, Musiq Soulchild and Goapele have signed on to play select dates of the upcoming Heineken Red Star Soul Tour. The outing begins August 6 in Los Angeles and runs through an October 1 gig in New York.
· A 32-year-old man died in his tent during Scotland's T in the Park festival over the weekend. Friends found the man dead in his tent at the event, during which a 22-year-old man was also stabbed in the head and body by as-yet-unknown assailants.
· Slipknot fans are used to their favorite masked warriors injuring themselves during intense performances. So most probably won't be surprised to see DJ Sid Wilson (a.k.a. #0) scooting around in a wheelchair after breaking both his heels while jumping off the stage at the first show of the Rockstar Energy Mayhem festival last week.