Sure, a lot of people rocked the Golden Globes red carpet last night, especially Amy Adams whom we named the belle of the ball. But there were the special few who decided that this was their big chance to make statement. And there were some statements we wish were kept silent.
8. Marisa Tomei: Sometimes, costume-like fashion works. Then again, sometimes it doesn't. Marisa, this didn't work. Are you angling for a role in the next "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie? If not, there's no excuse for this.
7. Jennifer Lopez: In what appeared to be an attempt to re-live her glory days, Jennifer Lopez showed up in a gold number with the same plunging neckline that made headlines at the 2000 Grammys. We know recycling is in, but not on the carpet!
6. Heidi Klum: Her dress was bizarre and screamed prom dress, not to mention the flower detail was like something Carrie Bradshaw would wear under some psychedelic influence.
5. Cameron Diaz: Her dress was wrinkled, her hair apparently hadn't been colored or brushed in months, and that shade of pink was a bit overwhelming for the fair Ms. Diaz.
4. Sally Hawkins: The "Happy-Go-Lucky" star may have won a Golden Globe, but she was really losing in the fashion department. Her garb looked like it was something that would have been worn in "Interview with a Vampire."
3. Miley Cyrus: Mind you, we regret a lot of stuff we wore when we were 16 too, but she's got the money to really shine. Instead, the only thing shining about her look was the strange material under the split in her gown.
2. America Ferrera: Being fashion-forward can be cool. But, America looked too far into the future in an attempt to find a new trend and seemed to buy her dress in outer space.
1. Renée Zellweger: This dress caused a visceral reaction when she popped up on the carpet. Between her and Sally Hawkins, we wondered if there's some vampire movie being cast that we don't know about. Are they angling for roles in "New Moon"? Perhaps she should have looked in the mirror first. Wait, vampires don't have reflections. That explains a lot.
Do you agree with our assessment of last night's fashion misses? Tell us what we got right and what we got wrong.