It’s Pop Week here at MTV News, and that means we are catching up with and getting to know everyone who’s going to make a splash in pop music and culture over the next twelve months. Whether they’re just popping up on the scene or are already the name on everyone’s lips, MTV News is there with them as they prepare to tackle 2009.
There are many things you might already know about Jackson Rathbone. He plays newly vegetarian vampire Jasper in “Twilight,” has a band called 100 Monkeys, is a Sagittarius and was born in Singapore. Then again there’s a slew of stuff you might not yet know about the actor, whom we just named one of the Male Pop Rookies of 2009. We’ll let him tell you about them himself:
1. “I do a lot of photography, and I do a little bit of drawing. I try to incorporate the two together.”
2. “I tend to sleep in all of my clothes and wear them the next day. I also haven’t washed my hair in five years. No, not really. But it’s been a long time.”
3. “I play banjo. It’s really annoying. And I also play accordion. Those two things are both really annoying. And I also play ukulele, which is also annoying, but I was taught to play ukulele by Spencer Bell, incredible musician.”
4. “When I was very young, I busted my head open three different times — probably explains why I’m an artist.”
5. “I don’t take very good care of my car, as my dad tells me many times. I’ve been in several fender-benders. My bumper has fallen off a few times. I taped it back on with duct tape. Duct tape is awesome, by the way, but it kept falling off, so now my car has no bumper.”
Are you surprised by anything Jackson shared with us? Tell us!