Sure, President-elect Barack Obama may know what he’s going to wear on inauguration night, but the big question on everyone’s mind is what will his fashionista wife Michelle Obama be wearing?
Of course, many have compared our next first lady to the most famous of fashionista first ladies, Jackie O, so designers are clamoring to get their designs on her. Here, we’ve rounded up some possible choices for the big night, thanks to Women’s Wear Daily:
1. Michael Kors, who is known for his classic American style, has imagined a belted, one-shoulder, royal-blue gown for the future first lady. It is both glamorous and simple, a winning combination for a night like the inauguration.
2. Diane Von Furstenberg confirmed that she submitted some sketches to Michelle. In one sketch, we see the dress as a reimagining of her famous wrap dress: long, straight and white with a big bow at the waist.
3. Monique Lhuillier has sketched a very formal-yet-hip ball gown for Michelle. The red, one-shouldered dress is belted at the waist and has ruching that adds a touch of drama.
4. Kai Milla‘s chocolate-colored gown will make Michelle stand out from the crowd, thanks to its lovely flower detail and big belt.
5. Tuleh has designed a sleek, white gown for the statuesque Michelle. The dress is paired only with a big bangle to make a statement.
What style do you think Michelle should wear on inauguration night? Let us know!