We know that Dawn Richard is trying to figure out her life now that Danity Kane have called it quits. We also know that Dawn is a huge comic book fan — she even has her own comic book — and she’ll have the distinct honor of being our Comic-Con correspondent in New York this weekend.
We know that we’re going to get to see a lot of her journey on the new season of “Making the Band,” but we were sure that there were some things that the cameras didn’t capture.
So here, in her own words, are five things you didn’t know about Dawn Richard.
1. “I love tattoos and piercings. I have a few. I like it on guys too!”
2. “I love rocker guys. Lead singers of rock bands are so hot to me. I just saw the Killers, and [Brandon Flowers] was amazing. He’s hot! So gorgeous! But I can’t say more than that, ’cause I’m taken.”
3. “My first concert was Green Day. I thought I was all hip. I had to have been, like, 12, and I was like, ‘Dad, I want to go to Green Day.’ I love it all: Bush, the Cranberries, Bif Naked, Soundgarden, Live. ‘Lightning Crashes’ was my joint for a long time!”
4. “There’s one thing you’ll never know. Just [boyfriend Qwanell 'Que' Mosley of Day26] knows one side of me. I can’t give that side away. He doesn’t even understand it. I’m just like that with him.”
5. “I’m a huge, huge fan of fashion. I’m talking left-field. That’s what I love. I one day hope to delve as deep as I can into that world. That’s a whole other head, but I tend to love Agyness Deyn and I love Mary-Kate [Olsen] and Kate Moss — that whole world. [Magazines like] Paper, Fader, Nylon — that’s me all day.”